A fashion designer is mainly expected to create a specific look of individual garments- that includes a garment’s shape, trimmings, fabric, color & many other aspects at large. The concept of fashion designing begins with an idea as to how a particular garment should look; to make that idea into a design which is a sketch & it defines how that design should be shaped into an actual piece of clothing. This conversion work is done by other workers which can start from patternmakers to finishers. There can be different categories of fashion designers at various levels of the fashion business from very famous countries to any random designers who work for commercial ready-to-wear houses, and can also be stylists who make small changes in the actual design. Fashion designers hold a very important & special place in this world. Their talent not only helps people look fashionable & good but also contributes to the social & cultural environment.
Fashion designer is one of the most highly creative & in-demand careers in the world. The overall job outlook for Fashion Designer careers has been positive since 2004. Vacancies for this career have increased by 73.39 percent nationwide in that time, with an average growth of 4.59 percent per year.
Let us talk about the fashion jobs that are in demand now:
1) Buyer – As a fashion merchandise buyer, you will get the opportunity to work closely with allocators & planners, store managers & the staff to choose the merchandise sold in stores. One needs to stay on the cutting edge of the current & future trends by purchasing the market & traveling to trade shows all over the world.
2) Design director – The salary of a design director is very high. One can lead a design team by developing designs that meet your creative vision. A design director should have strong merchandising knowledge & should be able to communicate with the sales team in addition to some technical skills & fabric sourcing knowledge.
3) Senior designer- After getting some experience in the fashion industry one can inspire a team of designers. But a senior director needs to work in a fast-paced & flexible environment. They need to possess a mastery of design skills, & all the qualities of a manager.
4) Creative director- A creative director is mainly responsible for leading the design, conception & execution of anything & everything creative a brand puts out. Anyone willing to be a creative director needs to be a great leader & is expected to inspire & direct the rest of the team. Innovation & creativity is a must.
5) Fabric researchers
6) computer-generated imagery artist
7) Data editor – The upheaval has pushed many brands to look for answers to urgent questions about their future: How have lockdowns impacted sales in the long run? Is it wise to invest money in e-commerce right now? What is the best way to get rid of unsold inventory? How can businesses survive a second wave of lockdowns? In these exceptional times, data editors have become even more important to retailers looking to make sense of the industry’s new way of working.
8) Virtual showroom designer – Over the last few months, pandemic-induced travel bans underscored the industry’s reliance on unnecessary travel. With the growth of e-commerce and deepening environmental concerns, flights to far-flung locations are likely to become less common post-vaccine. As a result, store buyers will have to increasingly make use of online shopping tools like virtual showrooms — interactive digitally-rendered spaces where shoppers can browse through clothing samples online — in order to decide on next season’s trends, while luxury brands will become more reliant on tech-powered showroom alternatives in order to manage their global wholesale networks.
9) Customer experience manager – As people locked themselves indoors to reduce the risk of infection, many turned to online shopping channels to pass the time. As a result, brands — including the likes of Nike, Uniqlo and Everlane — started receiving overwhelming numbers of orders and returns.
This increase in e-commerce traffic, combined with supply chain disruptions and furloughed employees, highlights the importance of a well-trained customer experience team that keeps consumers informed about their orders across markets, time zones and social channels
10) Corporate responsibility expert – Over the years, companies have come under mounting scrutiny on social media as users take to Instagram stories and comment sections to hold brands accountable for their complicity in perpetuating structural inequalities. Recent anti-racism protests that have erupted across the US have brought conversations around racism and injustice to the fore in most industries. Fashion and beauty brands like Adidas, Reformation and L’Oréal have released public apologies for allowing racism to take place within their workplaces.
About INIFD Ghatkopar
Inter National Institute of Fashion Design (INIFD), the largest network of design institutes was launched in 1995 with over 5 lac pass-outs & approximately 25,000 students passing out every year from INIFD centers. INIFD has various national & international collaborations. In the past 25 years, INIFD has produced star designers who have designed for movies Jodha Akbar, BajiraoMastani, Balaji Telefilms, Prince Charles, and Amitabh Bachhan, Shahrukh Khan, Angelina Jolie, and all top stars. INIFD has a placement tie-up with many leading International & National brands. Ashley Rebello is the Chief Mentor for Fashion Design students. Ashley Rebello is the stylist for famous Bollywood star Salman Khan. IMG the world’s largest event company in association with Reliance is also a part of Online Classroom programs for INIFD where students get the opportunity to learn from the best of the industry. ‘INIFD Presents Gen next’ show at LAKME FASHION WEEK at the Main Show Area gives opportunity to the upcoming Gen Next Designers at Lakme Fashion Week – the premium platform for all building designers. INIFD is also an official knowledge partner with Femina Miss India. Students get the opportunity to showcase their designs at prestigious London & New York Fashion Week. We aim to take quality coaching in Fashion & Interior Design to the common man in India by providing quality coaching at an affordable fee right at their doorstep.
INIFD Ghatkopar has the best fashion designing courses in Mumbai
1) 2 YEARS SPECIALISATION COURSE IN Fashion Design
2) 3 YEARS COURSE IN Fashion Design
3) INTERNATIONAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAMS
4) One Year Foundation Program
5) Two Years Advance Program
6) Three Years Specialisation Program
7) Super Specialisation in Fashion Design
After completing a good fashion design course from INIFD Ghatkopar you can start as a trainee designer & then can enter the high phase of the fashion industry. You can get multiple job opportunities like a fashion designer, textile analyst, merchandisers, patent makers, fashion coordinators, etc.